Some overdue good news for the charity sector has materialised as Charity Today announce their finalists for the Charity Today Awards 2020!
The national Charity Today Awards reward individuals and organisations across the UK who have demonstrated excellence within the charity sector.
Over the last few months, the judges have been holding virtual discussions and they have confirmed three finalists from each of the below categories.
The award categories and their respective finalists are as follows:
Health & Social Care Award
- Martin House Hospice Care for Children and Young People
- Harry’s Hydrocephalus Awareness Trust (Harry’s HAT)
Fundraiser of the Year
- Chris Leek – Parkinson’s UK
- Les Hayhoe – Gosport & Fareham Inshore Rescue Service
- Cheryl Rhodes & The Gorse Academies Trust
Charity Film of the Year
- Prior’s Court Documentary
- Kidney Research UK’s – Saving Lives Film
- Down’s Syndrome Association – Workfit Film
The James E. Smith Special Recognition Award
- Zoe Lee – Strode Park
- Andy Sellins – The Change Foundation
- Rhys Dickinson – Embrace CVOC
Partnership of the Year
- CLIC Sargent and Morrisons
- The Theodora Children’s Charity and University Hospital Southampton
- The Lewis Foundation and From Me To You
Disability Impact Award
- The Coach House
- Lord’s Taverners
- Potential Kids
- Kim Ferguson – British Heart Foundation
- Susan Mills – MCKS Charitable Foundation UK
- Shai’s Smile
Community Impact Award
- The Heart of England Community Foundation – Coronavirus Resilience Fund
- The Lewis Foundation
- Inspire Malawi’s Banda Hill Project
Volunteer of the Year
- Alan Bell – The Scottish Centre for Personal Safety
- John Hughes – Freshfields Animal Rescue
- Rosemary Norris – Strode Park Foundation
Charity of the Year
- Francis House Children’s Hospice
- Smile Train
- Shooting Star Children’s Hospice
A huge congratulations to this year’s finalists!
Voting opens to the public on their twitter platform from Monday 22 June and each category will be live for seven days.
For more information, follow the Charity Today Awards on Twitter: @CharityAwards.
About BHIB Charities Insurance
BHIB Charities Insurance specialise in providing tailored cover for community groups, clubs, societies, voluntary organisations and hobby or special interest groups. We offer more than just insurance and we are passionate about supporting local communities.
Any views or opinions expressed above are for guidance only and are expressed in generic terms. They are not intended as a substitute for readers taking appropriate professional advice relevant to individual circumstances. We would always encourage readers to seek professional advice.