Buildings Insurance For Your Charity

Covering the repair or rebuild costs of any buildings you own if they are damaged. Add this cover by getting in touch with us directly.

Does my charity need buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance can protect your charity or organisation against physical risks to your property, such as fire, forced entry and flood. This means your organisation won’t be stuck with big repair bills and any disruption to your charity work can be mitigated.

Not all charities or voluntary organisations will require buildings insurance, so it is a good idea to make sure you know what your legal obligations are before buying a policy.

Put simply, if you rent your current premises then buildings insurance is the responsibility of your landlord – so you will only need contents insurance.

If your charity or organisation owns the building then you will need to have a buildings insurance policy in place, and if you currently lease your premises you will need to refer to your lease agreement to identify who is responsible for buildings insurance.

If you are a smaller charity or organisation that does not own its own building, then you can find out more about contents insurance here.

How we protect your charity

When you are running any type of not for profit organisation it is important to have the correct type of cover in place.

BHIB Charities Insurance policies can include:

Additional cover includes:


Buildings insurance is designed to cover the costs your charity or organisation could face in the event of any damage to your premises due to an accident, fire, flood or forced entry.

If your organisation owns the property then it is your responsibility to arrange adequate buildings insurance. If you rent the premises then your landlord is responsible for arranging cover.

If you are unsure about whether your organisation needs buildings insurance or not, you can contact our team here.

My organisation has an ...